Monthly Drama Pick - July 2017

There are two dramas that I'm really digging this month!
Suspense and action packed Lookout and mystery-romance Suspicious Partner.

Lookout

Lookout quickly became one of my favorites a few weeks ago. So much so that I actually memorized the day's new episodes air on Drama Fever. I rarely do that, but this one got me HOOKED.  

It's refreshingly light on romance (there is almost none so far) and excitingly heavy on action and suspense. I also love that it's an action drama that mainly focuses on a female lead.

The show centers around Jo Soo Ji, a detective who's daughter has been murdered and her case buried. Distraught with the knowledge that her daughter's killer is free, Soo Ji tries to take matters into her own hands. 

The Boss intervenes and Soo Ji is taken into hiding and put to work with the promise that her daughter will have justice soon. 

Now teamed up with Gong Kyung Soo, a cyber nerd with hair right out of the 90's that is equally as cringe-worthy as it is adorable and Seo Bo Mi, the girl heard but not seen, they set to work solving cases the Boss sends their way while trying to figure out his end game and if they should truly trust him. 

There is so so so much more to this show than that but I don't want to give away too much. You'll just have to watch it yourself to find out! 

All in all, it's a genuinely good story line and I'm excited to see how it ends!

Show Schedule: Every Monday and Tuesday / 2 episodes per day

(Edit: Shit is getting REAL. Six more episodes left!)

 Suspicious Partner

I'm not going to lie to you, SP has a LOT going on in the beginning. I think it's partly due to the backstory they decided to give but it's not too bad, just a bit slow to start. It definitely helps that it's only 30 minutes per episode.

On the bright side, it has all of the cheesy romance tropes you could want with a dash of murder and mayhem!

Suspicious Partner follows Prosecution Intern Eun Bong Hee and Prosecutor Noh Ji Wook. Following the usual recipe of K-dramas, they hate each other from the get-go.

Eun Bong Hee's life is turned upside down when she is accused of murdering her ex-boyfriend after finding him dead in her apartment.

Bong Hee turns to Prosecutor Ji Wook for help when no one else believes her. The only problem is that he's the one who is prosecuting her.

This one is multiple stories rolled into one, so that is just the beginning!

A crazy game of cat and mouse, the real murderer is still out there and has no plans of stopping. Eun Bong Hee won't give up on clearing her name either, but will her persistence put herself and those around her in danger?

Show Schedule: Every Wednesday and Thursday / 2 episodes per day

Both of these dramas are coming to a close soon, so pick your binge and let me know if you liked it!


A/N: Where do I watch my dramas? Dramafever! I'm also trying out Viki, but Dramafever is pretty user-friendly and has been my go-to for a year now. 

Comments

  1. Only 2picks? Well I can't wait for next months picks!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I taught myself Hangul in 90 minutes

Korean Music: Not Just K-Pop! [Top 10]